1.04.2008

Ellen Page/Writers Guild of America Solidarity Beard Update #5

Consider today's post a membership drive effort. You just tuned in to NPR for This American Life, and Ira Glass is asking you to pledge five bucks. Except I'm not asking for cash, and I won't be able to lure you with Sarah Vowell's lovely speaking voice.

Since David Letterman resumed The Late Show Wednesday night, Rider's Block has been viewed by no fewer than 40 unique hits in 36 hours due to Google searches for "writer's guild strike beard." My blog seems to be the top search result for that phrase.* (There's also the troubling visit I got from a branch of the U.S. Government, viewable here, but I won't get into that.)

And last week's searches for quotes from Hard Candy, detailed here, continue to bring in multiple hits a day.

I'd be a world-class idiot to not use these searches to attract readers, wouldn't I?

So here's Ellen Page, star of Hard Candy and Juno, with a Writers Guild of America solidarity beard.


My request of you, O Wise Searcher of Blogs: If you were amused by this post, stick around and read more. Bookmark it. Come back tomorrow. If you've never read a blog before, this is what Rider's Block is about. If the mood strikes, leave a comment. If you have a blog, I will link to it and read it. And if you roll your cursor above most of the images here, you're rewarded with hidden caption-treasures that tickle the spirit.

I'm trying to network, you see, for reasons I'll explain at the end of January.

Thanks for stopping by.

* I'm not among the top search results anymore. It dropped off overnight. But still.

3 comments:

The Ex said...

Sometimes...I think you don't need us old timers anymore.

Rider said...

The Ex: Try as I might, I don't think I could get rid of you. You're in it for the long haul.

The Ex said...

Whee, I feel so loved.