1.02.2008

Writer's Block? That Was So '07

Since starting this blog a full month and a half ago, I've been hoping it would spark my creativity. There's nothing worse than being an unemployed would-be writer who's not writing. That should never happen. It's like being a Lohan or a Hilton and acting sane in public.

I have good news to share, although I'm not sure if it's a result of blogging or all my reading or a combination of both.

  • Sometime during the week of December 13th, I began work on a novel about three friends. Its tentative title is Three Boys (although the characters are all grown men), and I'm working slowly through the prologue while I figure out who these characters are. I have a grasp of the story's basic structure, and I know where it has to end up. I'm excited that it feels like this story hasn't been done before.
  • I officially submitted my entry for a writing contest last Friday. (Or did I...? More on that, fingers crossed, at the end of this month.) All I know is, I hammered out five more pages for it today, and I'm pretty full of myself. I was strutting down the street like Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 3.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

McGone said...

Congratulations. I was going to come up with a witty comment, but I seem to have commenter's block.

The Ex said...

Congrats, yo.