1.18.2008

Writers Guild of America Solidarity Beard Update #6

You want to know what kind of weasels the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (or NAMBLA*) really are? They worked out a tentative deal with the Directors Guild for many of the same new media compensation issues that WGA writers want.

That's not bad, in and of itself, but at its core it's vile and insulting. Why?

Because now even fictional directors like Alan Smithee** will get compensation for Internet revenues while real people with families are still walking in picket lines.


My solidarity beard has gotten longer, and when I put on Ray Bans these two guys showed up and started following me around. They are teaching me the lyrics to "Sleeping Bag" and how to play guitar.

* © 1999-2008 Jon Stewart, and still funny every time he says it
** A name they stopped using a decade ago, but my point is still valid

1 comment:

McGone said...

Did you already have the jacket too?