1.23.2008

Heath Ledger - Updated

I was jazzed to hear Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker in The Dark Knight, but I was more shocked to hear of his death yesterday.

It's a shame he won't be around to enjoy the success of what will be the biggest role of his brief career.

It's a bigger shame that he leaves a confused daughter behind.

Update on 1/24/08: I removed my Ledger-as-Joker cell phone tribute because I don't want to be seen as an overreacting fanatic. ("What should happen with 'Dark Knight' now?" Really? I like Pop Candy and all, but why does anything have to change except adding a dedication to the final credits? Come on.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew Ledger was a Nick Drake fan. It's pretty eerie he went out the same way. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580085/20080122/drake_nick.jhtml