5.16.2008

A Very Special (Lame) Episode

It occurred to me that I've reached a minor blogging milestone. I created Rider's Block exactly six months ago.

Before I hit the Publish button for the first time, I retro-dated the first post (by about 48 hours) to coincide with a significant moment in my life, which also marked the exact moment the previous version of this blog died. A few of you know what I'm talking about.*

I'm not going to get all serious and preachy about personal stuff--at least, not yet (feel free to skip my life lessons at the end if you like your Rider carefree and aloof)--but suffice it to say I'm glad I had a blog (or two) to help me through the mile of crap I had to crawl through at the time. I've come through wiser and relatively intact.

I promise Gordon Jump won't make me take off my shirt in this very special episode. Instead, for old and new readers, here are a few "highlights" from the past half year.
Now for the serious part. In my opinion--and cranky Canadians can tune this out--there are two rules a blogger should live by: Keep your real name to yourself, and don't tell coworkers you blog. Plausible deniability is crucial in this hobby. Believe me.

Here's to six more months.

* What most of you don't know is I've been on Blogger, in various incarnations, for almost six years.

6 comments:

MJenks said...

Sweet, a Cancer Boy sighting. You know, he was born with his heart on the outside of his body...

I didn't know a lot of those things, but then, I'm relatively new to the Block.

Someone told the HR Manager of my company that I have a blog. That's why, from time to time, you see a "Hi, Amanda" worked into a post. She claims to have never looked me up. But, yes, given the lingering fear hanging over my neck every time I hit the 'publish' button, never tell your co-workers that you blog.

McGone said...

Happy half-blogiversary.

I was told there would be cake.

Valerie said...

I think I've written it before, but my neighbor friends don't know I blog. I think I've only ever blogged something about a neighbor once, but I really don't want them knowing the stuff I blog about. And I definitely have regrets that family members know about my blog...oh well.

Congrats on six months...it doesn't feel like it's been that long since this blog started.

Rider said...

MJenks: Is the person who told HR about your blog a rival who has it in for you? That'd suck. I speak from experience.

McGone: You shouldn't have kept passing the cake down the line. You missed out, Milton.

Valerie: It doesn't seem that long to me, either. Maybe I should be trying harder.

Valerie said...

Are your other blog incarnations still up and running? If so, I'd love to read them...

Rider said...

Valerie: I can only drop one hint.