5.23.2008

Blockheaded Speculation on Lost 4.12

The first part of "There's No Place Like Home" has the urgency of Michael gunning for a Dumpster with a note pinned to his shirt.

This season's over after two more hours. I'm both dreading and anticipating the moments before the "Lost" title card slams onto the screen for the last time in 2008. What will the final shot reveal? The freighter exploding? The island sinking into a swirling vortex and appearing on the other side of the world off the coast of Saudi Arabia?* Claire in Jedi robes materializing next to Charlie, Boone, and Shannon? (Face it, she's dead, Jim.)

I go into the finale with no baggage. I've been pleased with the pace of this season. Cuse & Lindelof have continued to inspire me as a writer with their storytelling techniques.

This week I'm only speculating about one scene I'm expecting in 2010.
  • Hurley's mom will continue her trend of "not getting it" in a flash-forward when she wakes him and says, "Hugo [pronounced hoo•go], it's 4/8 and I've brought you 15 or 16 donuts to celebrate the 2,342nd day of your safe return from the island."
I'd love to see him leap out of bed, knock the donuts from her hands, and bust a Hurley-shaped hole in the bedroom wall as he runs into the sunset. End of series.


* What's the deal with the skyline reflected in the water in the promos? Shouldn't that be explained? What city is that?

1 comment:

McGone said...

I'm hoping for a slightly better final scene. Although a Hurley-shaped hole in the wall is something I want to see at some point.