11.05.2008

Who's Sorry Now?

I find politics boring, and I never thought I'd blog about them before today. But something happened at work and I need to address it somewhere. (Sorry, Rider.)

I worked a long shift right after school yesterday, and the house was loud and buzzing with folks who had just voted.

A bald guy wearing a suit and tie came in, and as I filled his cup he asked, "So did you vote today?"

I explained that I was a month and a day from legal voting age. Unfortunately.

He sort of settled back and studied me for a moment before asking, "Tell me then, Stephanie, who would you have voted for?"

I told him I didn't know. Both candidates had their strong points.

"Well," he sighed, looking as if he wanted a fight, "are you a Democrat or are you a Republican?"

A Democrat, I said.

He began shaking his head in disgust. In a very condescending tone he actually said, "Oh, I'm sorry."

That's why I don't talk about politics.

4 comments:

McGone said...

It was too late to spit in his coffee wasn't it? Dammit. What an asshat.

stephanie p. said...

McG - I sort of burned him a moment after he said, "I'm sorry," because I immediately said, "I guess I just have an open mind."

He didn't leave a tip.

Rider said...

Sounds like someone was unhappy with a poorly run campaign that was doomed from the get-go and could only end one way so he took it out on you. Then he went home and kissed the cat and kicked his wife. Good post, though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it kills me when people take it personally. I voted for McCain, based on a few issues I didn't agree with Obama on. That was the only reason. but I do not care if someone voted for Nader.

freedom of choice, baby!