6.04.2008

Swine Flew

If you've been checking out McGone's blog lately, you know his porcine partner Fernando was abducted by the Pork Liberation Front last week. They are demanding $1 million dollars for his safe return.

Now, I've never met Fernando. I wouldn't know him from that floating pig above Pink Floyd concerts. He seems like a well-rounded chap, and for a hooved animal he's a good writer. But I wouldn't go out of my way to fill his slop bucket.

Yet...I'm about to embark on my own search for Fernando. I'm bringing my blog mascot Boxter with me.


Why, you ask? Why go out of my way to rescue a tiny pig I've never met from the clutches of another tiny pig? Three reasons: I'm unemployed with nothing better to do, the TV season is over, and I need to clear my name.

It seems my "good friend" McGone thinks I may be responsible for his pink pal's abduction. I can't have that hanging over my wooden head.

I've got a CrackBerry for mobile blogging purposes, and $10.78 in my pocket. That and my street smarts will be plenty to get us to Oregon, which is where the PLF seems to be headquartered.

Boxter has acquired the scent. I'll write more from the road.

Stay strong, Fernando. We're on our way.

And maybe, just maybe, we'll learn something about ourselves.

Hopefully I'll be back in time for the fall TV season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you seriously have a BLOGGER sweatshirt?!

McGone said...

I don't use the word hero often, but you... well, you are my hero.

And Boxter.

And the Coen Bros.

Also, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

And Ponce de Leon.

I'll stop now before the word starts losing all meaning.

MJenks said...

I need a blog mascot.