6.13.2008

Rider Cries During The Incredible Hulk

I cried like a little girl while watching The Incredible Hulk today. It was like Terms of Endearment for nomadic drifters on lonely, personal quests. I told Boxter it was allergies.

Yes, I liked it more than Ang Lee's take on the comic book, with his endless, lingering shots of shrubberies and fungus. Exactly what the fanboys waited years for, huh?

The French Transporter dude knows his way around an action scene. I was only briefly consumed by the thought of how often his cameramen had to film nothing in front of them during any given CG battle. I pictured guys looking like Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Boogie Nights dashing around the set with day-glo green tennis balls on long sticks as Louis Leterrier shouted, "Fast-air! Fast-air! Zee Hulk ees queek-air zan zat!"

More often, though, I was distracted by Liv Tyler's ginormous upper lip. It was always filmed in profile for maximum freakish effect. Most directors know the best angle to shoot their female lead. Not this guy.

Best actual line from the movie: "I'm...hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry."

Fun fact: I saw this movie for free. I'm not saying whether I downloaded a copy from a file-sharing service here in the home office department of this unfinished Super Target, or whether I had an AMC gift certificate. Go with whichever makes me sound cooler. Factor in how I cried.
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fast-air! Fast-air! Zee Hulk ees queek-air zan zat!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I tried to get my boys to see Iron Man yesterday, ended up Kung Fu Panda was more important to them.

McGone said...

Did you cry because it exceeded your expectations and didn't have any of the crushing disappointment of I don't know, let's say "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of George Lucas' Ineptitude?"

MJenks said...

I'd kill for Kung Fu Panda. I'm staring at a date with Wall-E at the end of the month.

That's all I got. McGone took the rest of my words out of my mouth. Except, did the Hulk look like CGI Harry Potter throughout the movie, or in just all of the trailers on TV?

Anonymous said...

I just choked on my coffee, this is the funniest review I have ever read...priceless..."It was like Terms of Endearment for nomadic drifters on lonely, personal quests."