6.11.2008

Rider Holes Up at Target (Again)

I usually feel better after a good meal, but tonight's fare didn't shake me out of my doldrums. It didn't help that the shift manager noticed I had come in with a nasty used cup and made me spend another $1.49 plus tax on a new one.

Side note: if you go to Panera for a coffee, save yourself 20 cents and ask for a regular Dr Pepper. Same cup, lower price. You do that 21 times and you've socked away enough for a gallon of gas.

I'm down to my last three bucks. I started my journey with less than eleven. That ain't bad for a week and a half of travel with a hungry dog.

The one bright note since yesterday's post came when I walked across the parking lot (here in Central Mordor) and saw the following.


Even better, the local paper says work has slowed down on this store's construction because management hasn't hired enough employees yet. So part of the store is stocked, and the rest can't be assembled for several days.

Tonight I discovered a rear dock door was left unlatched. The security system hasn't been activated. Boxter and I went in.

There's a movie or two I've been wanting to see, and plenty of DVD displays aching to play them...but I'm just so tired. I stumbled across this awesome outdoor tent display, and it looks so comfortable.

Boxter is going to explore the aisles with his digital camera. I'm going to curl up with my BlockBerry and get some sleep. I'll publish this post in the morning, hopefully feeling a little better.

Updated: I woke up feeling worse, especially after reading this headline: "Eva Longoria is still not pregnant."

Damn it. What does that poor woman have to do...?
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

2 comments:

MJenks said...

Apparently, she needs to be Alexandra Paressant.

McGone said...

Headlines like that could lead to a little bedroom performance anxiety for Tony Parker, I think. Especially if the People Magazine journalist gets invited right into the room with them for eyewitness coverage.