6.06.2008

Cup 'o Joe to Go

Borrowing an idea from the Frank Whaley cinematic masterpiece Career Opportunities, Boxter and I secretly slept in a display pup tent in a Super Target last night. Jennifer Connelly was nowhere to be found, nor did we foil any looters.

We headed across the parking lot to the nearest Panera for more free coffee and lemon slices. (Targets and Paneras go together like Lindsay Lohan and freckles.

To address MJenks' comment in the previous post, here's my ranking of coffee from best to worst:
  1. Dunkin Donuts
  2. Home-brewed Eight O'Clock brand
  3. Panera
  4. Muddy ditch water
  5. McDonald's Premium

Soon to be addressed: where my Blogger hoodie came from.

Back to the Long Walk (anyone out there read the Richard Bachman story?)

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

4 comments:

MJenks said...

I definitely agree with McDonald's being at the bottom of the stack. You know on Futurama, when Bender guzzles some booze and belches fire? That's how I feel when I drink some McDonald's coffee: like my oral cavities are about to erupt in flames at any second.

If you can find one free-standing up there, Chick Fil-A has some good coffee.

McGone said...

Ah, yes... McDonald's much ballyhooed switch to "Premium." It was like they changed the dirty underwear used for a coffee filter to a slightly less soiled pair.

Anonymous said...

The home brewer of the Eight O'Clock Brand calls shenanigans. Dunkin Donuts just has that freshly baked one day ago donut smell you love that cannot be replicated at home. But I can get your order right every time and I give you correct change.

Tread carefully...

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, Panera.