6.05.2008

BaconQuest Resumes

My handset is now fully charged and the ominous heat lightning has stopped, so Boxter and I have resumed our cross-country search for McGone's missing friend Fernando.

We wandered into a Target in the next town to use the facilities, and I thought I'd found him on one of the shelves.

This pig was made of porcelain, not molded plastic, and he gave no indication of possessing witty thoughts or dry sarcasm. Boxter didn't react to this scent, so we moved on.

We then entered a nearby Panera. The manager claimed Boxter couldn't come in due to health concerns. I pointed out that his health is immaculate. When she insisted, I claimed I was legally blind and Boxter was my "sight partner."

After I tethered him outside, I went back in for a bite to eat. Recently on Valerie's blog, some jerk took a shot at me, saying I didn't have enough money to eat in Panera.

He was right. I would have spent all my cash on soup and half a sandwich.

But did you know you can drink all you want at Panera if you keep your cup? I'm bringing mine with me.

I also cleaned out their bucket of lemon slices.


--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

3 comments:

MJenks said...

For reference, Panera's coffee sucks.

The free wi-fi is nice, though. Suck it, Barnes & Noble.

McGone said...

Lucky for me, his location has been narrowed down to "Portland" or "Panera." So, you have that covered, which is good.

MJenks said...

Are there Paneras in Portland?

And, you're sure that's Portland, OR and not Portland, IN?