6.25.2008

Nominee #1 for Favorite Supporting Character in a Horror Movie, 2008

I loves me an Amish man and he's not Harrison Ford in Witness.

The first half of George Romero's Diary of the Dead rocked my little world, but the whole movie really picked up steam when a character named Samuel made his first appearance.

If you haven't seen it--and why the hell haven't you?--Samuel is a farmer caught up in a zombie uprising in Pennsylvania.

You'd think his character description would end there--since he appears in the movie less than five minutes--but he's so much more.

He's also a deaf/mute Amish man who communicates with a chalkboard and tosses sticks of dynamite with amazing accuracy. He can take out three of the walking dead in a single throw.

Samuel is my first nominee of the year for favorite supporting character in a horror movie. Watch it and just see if you don't fall in love, too.

This is now my BlockBerry's wallpaper, as it should be yours
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

4 comments:

McGone said...

So were we to get a look inside your mind, we would see it is populated solely by Spider-Man, Zombies, Samuel and Mose from The Office. Is that more or less accurate?

Dr Zibbs said...

I saw that movie and I agree. Very good. I also like any Amish that's a rebel. I can tell if they're rebels by saying, "Hey Amish, I'm taking your picture" then I snap a photo. If they run, they's a normal. If they kick me in the nuts, they's a rebel.

Rider said...

McGone: You left out Ernest Borgnine in a tiny thong.

Dr Zibbs: If they kick you in the nuts they may also be Harrison Ford hiding from the mob.

MJenks said...

Didn't you know? The Amish live for killing zombies with dynamite. I mean, it's one of those things that they do after a good, old-fashioned barn-raisin'. Well that and sexing each other crazy, which is also important when the zombies are trying to take over the world.