4.10.2008

Robert Blake Creeps Out the Whole Block

What's on IFC this week?

Robert Blake as the Devil...or your senile grandmother. Just look at that expression.

I caught Lost Highway the other night and had trouble falling asleep. I have yet to watch it all the way through, although I've been a David Lynch fan since Eraserhead. Highway isn't up to the standards set by Blue Velvet or Twin Peaks, but it's oozing with Lynchian goodness.

I was curious why the Independent Film Channel was scheduling this movie now, but a quick search of Wikipedia reveals that we're coming up on the anniversary of Blake's arrest for the murder of his wife. He was acquitted, in case you forgot, so he's still out there looking somewhat like "Mystery Man."

"I'm in your house right now," indeed.

2 comments:

McGone said...

I'm waiting for the tell-all book from his cockatoo co-star in Baretta.

MJenks said...

My friend is also a very big Lynch fan. He spent the better part of two and a half years bordering on the edge of obsession trying to find a copy of Eraserhead. I think he managed to succeed well after I had graduated, but it turned out to not be a very good copy.