4.29.2008

Doesn't Anyone Reference Kolchak Anymore?

"What's this?" you mutter. "An unprecedented three posts in one day? Rider must be mainlining Red Bull."

Nope. Just Chips Ahoy and skim milk.*

Tonight I felt the need to share a new game called "Can You Spot the Pattern?"

The following are three blurbs from three different ads for new upcoming titles from Digital Webbing. I found them in a single comic book. They have one thing in common.

Can you spot the pattern?


I know there's an X-Files movie being released soon, but aren't these pitches so ten years ago? They might as well say, "It's like Saving Private Ryan if Ryan wore a cape and saved other people," or, "It's like Armageddon if Affleck could deflect the asteroid with a single punch."

Ah, 1998. I'm feeling nostalgic for Something About Mary. Remember the semen in her hair? Good times.

* Besides, I prefer Full Throttle.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Chips Ahoy and skim milk? Is that code for something?

McGone said...

Rider's Block: It's Like X-Files meets Spielberg's Duel if it were written by Jack Kerouac and thrown in a blender, served with a side of Chips Ahoy and Skim Milk.

You can use that blurb if you want.

Rider said...

Valerie: It's code for "Rider has a sweet tooth and fondness for Oberweis milk."

McGone: I shall. I've updated my profile accordingly.

MJenks said...

I think everyone should do this for their promotions. Like, Iron Man. It's like iron meets man.

For me, it'll be: The Boar War, it's like pigs meet battle.

Hey, that's catchy.

Rider said...

The Boar War: Like Sun Tzu's Art of War with a side order of bacon. How's that? You can use that on the dust jacket.