4.18.2008

I Don't Know Any Blondes Named Johanna

I've got that "Johanna" ballad stuck in my head because of this hobby of mine.

I was capturing images from Sweeney Todd for some new Rider's Block banners, and I let the movie play while I cropped tiffs, added layers, patted myself on the back, etc.

Now, for all the good songs I heard on the soundtrack, I've got one of the weakest ones taking up grey matter and soiling my consciousness.

It's a waste because I've never known anyone named "Johanna"--much less "Joanna"--so I can't even play it off like I'm humming about a girl from my youth.*

Excuse me, I've got to purge this song from my cache. Gonna go listen to "Black Betty" by Ram Jam.

* Come to think of it, there was a Joanne I worked with at Blockbuster when I was 23, but she was a married mom and she looked like Madame.

4 comments:

McGone said...

If you don't have Ram Jam on your iTunes, you can always head to your local strip club. I guarantee one of the dancers will be performing to that.

McGone said...

By the way, thanks for the Madam link. I was trying to tell someone the other day that Robert Plant is starting to look like that puppet, and she was too young to get the reference. Now I have easy access.

MJenks said...

My wife's middle name (the first one) is Joanna. She has red hair.

Unknown said...

I'm blonde and I'm called Joanna =)
So now you at least know that we do exist x