8.06.2008

Now She's Writing to Me

I received this email yesterday from a celebrity.

Dear Rider,

I was Googling "Beowulf" and found your blog. I read it from beginning to end here on the set of The Spirit (coming Christmas 2008) and I am very impressed. I showed it to my fiancé Ryan and he even smiled once. Your message is relevant to people of my generation, and you have the drive and talent to become the best blogger in our country. A few criticisms, though:

• Your writing is lazy. Try to use more colorful, inspirational phrases.

• Your posts are too long. If a reader has to scroll down more than twice they'll lose interest. My generation has a short attention span. Stay on message.

• It's cruel to cover your dog's head with a wooden block for your silly gag photos. Animals are people too.

• Try not to write more "mythology" posts. Don't trick your readers into thinking you journeyed through "Mordor" or slept in a Target. Folks my age are smarter than that; give us some credit.

I hope this helps.

Voting Obama,
Scarlett

P.S. Write more about global warming. And Beowulf.

I know she's trying to help, and it's nice that I'm not the only one she's reaching out to, but sometimes constructive criticism, political or otherwise, can be hard to take.

Especially from someone about to marry a Canadian.

7 comments:

McGone said...

If you email her back, please tell her to stop driving by my place at night too, would you? Every damn night.

MJenks said...

Could you ask if she knows Leelee Sobieski? And, could you find out if they've ever gotten together and compared breast sizes? And filmed it? Thanks.

The Ex said...

Hahha @ mjenks. I want to know the answer too. :)

Falwless said...

Oh she emails everyone. She just emailed me Monday about something, I don't even remember what she said, something about some funny clip on YouTube that she saw, with a baby laughing at a dog or something. I don't remember.

Seriously, the lady needs a hobby.

Rider said...

McGone: I'll do that if you can find Conchata Ferrell's email address for me. She won't leave me alone, either, and it's getting old.

MJenks & Ex: And how much is that answer worth to you?

Falwless: If she'd just take up blogging she'd get the word out quicker. Hers could be called Lots Better Than Your Blog. I hear that's not taken.

Dr Zibbs said...

I would so love to rub butts with her.

The Ex said...

One donkey and thirteen shiny buttons.

Oh hell, EXTRA shiny buttons even.