8.01.2008

Dear Parking Lot Superhero

You were standing in the AMC Theatre parking lot with your hands on your hips. Your Zubaz fluttered in the wind and you couldn't have looked cooler if you were wearing a cape.

I had gone to see the 6:20 showing of Step Brothers, but how could I have known my heart would swell even before I entered the theatre?

Yet there you were!


You seemed to be guarding one specific handicapped parking space--one of 20 available--and the look in your eyes said, "No foe shall invade this blue plot of tarmac as long as I draw breath."

I passed and you nodded slightly, as if to say, "Good morrow, citizen."

Just when I thought you couldn't look any more awesome, I turned to see you had produced a bo staff from the folds of your puffy pants. You placed it atop your shoulders and hung your wrists from it.


You suddenly looked like Jesus if Jesus were a 60-something dude with tiger-striped foofy pants and a bushy 'stache who stood around for no apparent reason.

But goddamn if I didn't feel safe for those few moments.

Bless you, Parking Lot Superhero.

4 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Rider, please tell me where bought the time machine and how long it takes to travel from 1982.

McGone said...

I've often wondered what the fashionable Deity would be wearing for the Second Coming.

MJenks said...

Who knew that Carl from ATHF could wield a bo staff?

Gwen said...

I was married to that guy in 1996. I am not kidding.