3.26.2008

New Diversions on the Block

I may not have posted my unanswered questions to last week's Lost yet, but I've still got my finger on the pulse of pop culture. Here's what I was up to today, beginning at 6:00 AM.
  • Finished the first four episodes of Battlestar Galactica's third season. After the jarring (and clumsy) new status quo of the previous season's finale, it now looks like the producers have patched some holes, teased upcoming conflicts, and sent Adama's ship back on its journey to ultimate hardcore-ness.* I should finish the entire season just in time for new episodes to begin airing on Sci Fi. Then I'll have to wait from week to week like any other schmuck.
  • Marvel Comics has its very own fly-in-the-ointment/John McClane running around the office, dishing dirt on lame editorial decisions. His name is Marvel_B0y, and while there's a possibility he's the fictional creation of the marketing department designed to generate some buzz, I prefer to believe a punk kid has the brass balls to pull aside the curtain and reveal the soft underbelly of the Marvel offices. Unfortunately, this guy thinks he's Teflon and can't possibly be fired--which, speaking from experience, is a dangerous mindset for any blogger to adopt. It's a riveting read, especially for me. But the longer it goes on, the more I'll believe I've been had.
  • I started watching Top Chef on Bravo earlier this month, but not because I wanted to see contestants with faux-hawks and tattoos crying on camera. I watched to see my buddy Dean in the block party episode. Tonight he appeared onscreen about three times. He shares his journal from the day it was filmed over here.


* Hardcore-osity?

4 comments:

McGone said...

Marvel_B0y (or whatever) is a total viral marketing campaign. I'm annoyed. Let's burn their office down.

Valerie said...

So, you didn't watch Top Chef to watch Padma?...cuz that's why McGone watches it.

McGone said...

Hey... it's also for the food. And when Bourdain is a guest judge. And this season I also watch for the joy I'm sure to receive when that smug twerp Spike packs up his douchebag hats and hits the road.

Dean Xene said...

Bourdain is def the best guest judge. And Padma is pretty hot. You can't go wrong.