3.13.2008

Unanswered Questions from Lost 4.6/4.7

I played hooky last time, so here's my speed-round on 4.6: Juliet pursed her lips more than any ten previous appearances combined, Ben made me laugh many times (once with the quote, "This didn't have a number on it, did it?" and then by simply traipsing into a cabin carrying linens 'n things), and I was forced into saying a magazine title when I said, "Harper's bizarre."

Week-old questions:
  • Who but Juliet has ever been able to state, "I had an affair with Goodwin Stanhope"? We're drifting dangerously close to daytime drama territory with names like that, aren't we?
  • Who else thought dead Goodwin was going to open his eyes? *Raising my hand and peering out into the blogosphere*
  • How much scarier is Ben when he acts like a lovesick puppy? Next he'll be pulling pigtails and pushing girls in the playground mud. "You're mine," indeed.
Tonight's episode was designed to play to viewers' expectations that Sun and Jin always share a backup story. I caught the twist early--I'm getting that good. We also saw the return of darling Nikki (on Korean TV), another guest star was bumped off as quickly as she appeared (Zoe Bell performing her own stunt, one assumes), and we find out which major character actually dies at age 30 (per a tombstone). And who didn't call the identity of Ben's spy on the ship months ago?

Current questions:
  • Was Jin the victim of an elaborate grift perpetrated by the manufacturers of stuffed animals and cell phones?
  • How much funnier would it have been if the whole delivery room was full of pandas?
  • How much less funny would it have been if Bernard had backpedaled further on his same-sex-marriage freak-out by saying, "Not that there's anything wrong with that?" (Admit it, you thought he'd say it.)
  • Did Sayid and Desmond really need a note to warn them not to trust a guy named Captain Gault? Thanks, "Kevin Johnson." They could have searched Wikipedia like the rest of us.

3 comments:

McGone said...

OK, several things:

• I laughed out loud at your Desmond imitation in the second picture's hover-text. Great stuff there, Rider.

• I missed the Nikki moment (but loved your Prince reference).

• I too caught what they were doing with the off-island flashes. Since they have changed the game this season, they were expected to get away with something like this sooner rather than later. That means I'm that good too. So boo-yah!*

• I love how we can look up "Captain Gault" and see one the character's stories was "The Red Herring" and think "Ha, that's a funny joke" but then just as suddenly start to second guess WHY they named him Captain Gault. Shifty bastards...

*I lost all credibility with that "boo-yah," didn't I? Damn it.

Valerie said...

I was 99 per cent certain that I'd click on Captain Gault and see the pic of the naked fattie.

I'm so glad I was wrong cuz that's not how I want to start my weekend.

Rider said...

McGone: Your credibility is still good here.

Valerie: The "naked fattie" will be absent for a while.