3.12.2008

How I Met Your Dying Career

CBS can't buy publicity like this.

She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named* will be appearing on an episode of How I Met Your Mother in a few weeks. As a fan of the show but not the guest star, I'm sorta pissed about this development. She will taint** the comedy and draw attention away from the regular cast (except, perhaps, for Neil Patrick Harris as "Barney").

I dread the applause she'll get when she walks on. I have no doubt it's being written into her contract. I will be making the universal jerking off motion and rolling my eyes when it happens.

Additional controversy was reported when Alicia Silverstone bowed out of the show when she heard who would be stealing her limelight in the same episode. You know your star is fading when an "actress" known for exactly one good movie doesn't want to appear in the same 22 minutes as you. Replacing her will be Sarah Chalke from Scrubs, so at least the producers traded up in talent.

I see the move as necessary evil. The show needs the publicity at this point. How else will they ensure they're picked up for another season? It's worth it.


* Official Rider's Block bylaws state that "once a celebrity has bottomed-out he/she shall not be named within the context of any and all posts so as not to contribute to any future chance of regaining celebrity status." For more, please read the Rider's Block Charter.

** This is the perfect word, McGone. Don't riff on it.

9 comments:

McGone said...

A few things:

1. I rolled my eyes when I found out... that one chick... would be appearing on the show. Even as a causal viewer, this chaps my ass.

2. I don't have to click on the "one good movie" link to know you're talking about "Blast from the Past." Right? Right? I mean, that has to be the one.

3. Goddamn you and that stupid charter. Well played, Rider. Well played.

Valerie said...

You're lucky I don't know where you live...if I did I'd come over there and open up a can of whoop-ass on you!

Rider said...

McGone: I went with Clueless, but only 'cuz I forgot about the Fraser flick. *sigh* OK, there are two good A.S. movies.

Valerie: I'm around the block. From your house. Like the profile says. Bring it.

Valerie said...

*whips off her gloves and takes a mean fighting stance*

(http://www.dvdspecials.nl/recensies/img2/crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon.jpg)

Valerie said...

http://www.dvdspecials.nl/recensies/img2/crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon.jpg

(don't know why that link didn't get posted in my last post)

Valerie said...

ok, this doesn't fare well for the kick-ass persona I'm trying to exude. But I'm going to post something on my blog which will be even better...

Rider said...

Valeries: LOL.

Here's the link you're trying to post. Had to get it from my forwarded email.

Valerie said...

I posted it...come and check it out...if you dare.

Anonymous said...

I was expecting to see The Crush when I clicked that "one good movie" That movie was so believable, right? No? Oh ok.

I will predict that she may actually throw a hissy fit during taping and storm off the set, causing the whole episode to be scrapped.