3.20.2008

Netflix: The Waiting Is the Hardest Part

Fours months.

I added Live Free or Die Hard to the top of my Netflix queue on November 19--the day before its release on Blu-ray.

It arrived in the mail friggin' yesterday.

During that time period, 51 other titles were shipped instead of the Bruce Willis/Mac Guy extravaganza I'd been waiting for so patiently.

You don't understand.

While I sat here with my thumb up my ass waiting for Netflix to get their shit together, Led Zeppelin reunited, 89 MLB players were accused of using steroids, Queen Elizabeth II became the oldest living monarch of the U.K., Evel Knievel died of non-stunt causes, the price of oil hit $100 a barrel, snow fell in Mexico, Iran launched a rocket into space, and HD DVD officially joined Betamax as a commercially unsuccessful video format.

I find it awfully convenient that the movie arrived exactly a third of a year after I added it.

Does Netflix have a four-month waiting policy on new movies that we don't know about? I know they recently changed their site to make it damned harder for subscribers to search for new releases, which was bad enough.

I'll be waiting for 3:10 to Yuma till summer, at this rate.

My love/hate relationship with Netflix continues.

5 comments:

McGone said...

You can get on the McGoneflix rental plan, and I can send you "3:10 to Yuma." Because I feel bad for you.

Also... are you using a new aftershave lacquer? Because you're coating is looking a lot better these days.

McGone said...

"Your" coating. Not "you're," Dammit.

Anonymous said...

What do you use as your TV provider? DISH, ComCast? 3:10 to Yuma has been available on PayPerView for over a month, and only $3.99!

Valerie said...

Let me know if the latest Die Hard is worth renting or owning. I still haven't seen it.

Dean Xene said...

It's gotta be more "love" than "hate" for Netflix right? Except for a couple of scratched, non-playable discs, I've yet to have a big problem with them.