3.28.2008

Time to Put a Name to a Face

The last time I felt like shining a spotlight on an actor in a sitcom, it was the dude who plays "Kenneth" on 30 Rock (different blog). I always crack up between the moment he appears on camera and the moment he delivers his first line.

Now there's another guy who provokes a similar reaction, and I didn't realize it until this week: it's the actor who plays "Sheldon" on CBS' Big Bang Theory.

If you haven't watched it--or if you tried it early and bailed--go back and give it another chance. It's worth it to watch Sheldon as the ultimate straight man. He's so straight he makes Niles Crain look like McConaughey wired on cat piss (new South Park, anyone?).

This week's episode featured a lie spinning out of control when Sheldon feels compelled to strengthen a flimsy white one with sandbag after sandbag of reinforcements. It was one of the funniest shows I've seen all year.

Check out Jim Parsons as Sheldon. He'll make you want to watch Garden State again to spot him.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yes, I love Sheldon...haven't had a chance to watch the last 2 (new) eps...but hope to soon.

He reminded me of Niles too...great minds think alike.

He was in Garden State? I've only seen that movie 1-1/2 times...not sure I remember who he was.