3.24.2008

I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny

As regular readers of my blog know, I have a wooden block for a head. It gives the title an excellent double meaning and it puts a little steam in my stride for thinking of it. New readers either accept it or they don't and move on with their Google searches for "Beowulf" or "Hot Rod." *

If I had a human head, though, it would look much like the handsome one sitting atop the South Park-generated avatar to the left.

I can't confirm the human head, however, since I see a block with drawn-on glasses and a smirk when I look in the mirror.

The keen eyes of regular readers will also notice a new addition to my blogroll. Just as Lennon had McCartney; and just as McGone has two pink, hairless friends named Slinger and Bakonstein; I've got Dean Xene.

I encourage you to check out the exploits of my gifted pal since the 8th grade in his new blog. He's a family man, a master of kung fu, and one hell of an architect. Check out his sketchbook/journal on Flickr and see the kind of impressive stuff he's been showing me since college.

Oh, and Dean has a tendency to refer to me as "Al Damage." I'm not sure where he gets that. It sounds like some weak, pre-blogosphere attempt at a cyber nom de plume, circa 2000.

Remember: my actual name, as far as you know, is "Eric Rider." I'm an unemployed writer with a wooden block for a head. I'm not a real boy.

* Which are both, inexplicably, drawing a daily visitor total of 30 hits a day.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Is your hair really that awesome?

Valerie said...

Ok, I checked out Dean Xene's blog and even left comments...where's my two dollars?

Anonymous said...

wow, I was referred to as pink and hairless. If it were not true, I would be offended.

Reminds me of the song Mexican Hairless by The Toadies.

Rider said...

Valerie: My hair is even more awesome than a South Park caricature can possibly do justice. I should start a blog devoted just to my scalp. Speaking of which...

Slinger: I've met you and confirmed it. I felt I was reporting the facts--just as you can blog about my awesome hair if you like. Maybe I'll make you a co-author of my new hair blog.

McGone said...

We should start a blog all about the hair of bloggers. Seriously, it would be more entertaining than all that LOLcat crap.