10.18.2008

A Return to the Funky Bunch, Mark?

Rider here with a quick filler post.

I'm not gonna rehash events that have been written about by a much funnier blogger than myself, but in just a few minutes, the country is going to find out three things:

  1. Whether or not Lorne Michaels is smart enough to capitalize on this past week's buzz over Mark Wahlberg's unfettered rage at an SNL sketch about him.
  2. Whether the marginal talent in question (and former convict/drug addict/overall dipshit) was actually smart enough to use the press to help boost ticket sales of his movie.
  3. Whether the former underwear model will go above and beyond and participate in another "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals" sketch--which can only boost his star power and infuse his career longevity another year or two.
I try not to be a pessimist, but I fear only point #1 will be true, and Wahlberg will go down in Hollywood history as the celebrity equivalent of Fred O'Bannion in Dazed and Confused...just a sad blowhard with a paddle and an ax to grind.

1 comment:

Dr Zibbs said...

This is great! Although when I saw the link talking about a funny write I was hoping that the lin was going to my blog.