2.28.2008

Unanswered Questions from Lost 4.5

Normally this show leaves me with my head perpetually tilted to the side like Nipper.

This week's installment was no different. Sure, Desmond's jumps between 1996 and 2004 were confusing at best. And yes, one can't help but ponder a connection between Daniel "Unfrozen Oxford Caveman" Faraday's machine being tuned to 2.342 and Penny's old man bidding on lot 2342 (the Black Rock painting).

But this week my relief outweighs the questions.

Until tonight I thought we were in for Fisher Stevens as this season's Big Bad. And if you've been reading the Block for the past few months you know there's not much I like about that dude. I recognized "Minkowski's" irritating voice from those first phone calls from the freighter, and I thought, Shit, Fisher Stevens is now a character on my favorite drama.

But by the end of this episode I was thinking, Yay! He appeared briefly and died like a rat!

I'm celebrating with no questions.

3 comments:

McGone said...

All right, then here's my question: Why are the Desmond episodes (a character who was not even supposed to be in more than 3 episodes TOTAL) the best non-Locke centered hours of the series?

Valerie said...

I alaways think of Fisher Stevens in "Only You" saying "It-lee! It-lee!"

Splotchy said...

My wife actually had an involuntary physical reaction when she first saw Fisher Stevens (I think it was a shudder combined with a wince).

Let's hope he does not reappear.