9.12.2008

Why I Haven't Blogged Much This Week

Regular readers of the Block know I'm unemployed and have nothing better to do than monitor the weak pulse of pop culture. It's not like I have a full-time job, right? So why have I been so slack with the posting and the blogging and the hoyvin-glayvin?*

I'll give you three reasons.

I haven't blogged because I've been watching TV.

Specifically Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It's the show that asks the question, "Why would a shapely female robot from the future need three belts?"

You should be watching this series. The first season was cut short by the Writers Guild strike--reported regularly here for months on end--so the storyline was a little uneven and ended abruptly.

Why watch? Because Shirley Manson from Garbage is a new, recurring character. The jury's still out on how well she can act, but the opening minutes of the premiere features her cover of "Samson & Delilah." It's a perfect four-and-a-half-minute sequence without dialogue. Watch it here and tell me you were a fool not to watch season one.

I haven't blogged because I've been playing PS3.

Someone cute gave me a gift card and, since Best Buy doesn't sell unleaded gas or a Mr. Fusion, I blew it all on Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

I was getting all full of myself, shredding along to "Mississippi Queen" and "Barracuda"...then that dick Tom Morello whipped my ass and prevented me from advancing to the next level.

He will be dealt with soon. I'll show him why my band is called "Smacky Justice."

I haven't blogged because I've been driving my clown car.

But first I had to find purple garland and plastic American flags made in China.

By the way, can anyone tell me what "dee-bag" means? Is it by any chance a slang term meaning "most awesome clown ever"? That's what everyone was yelling.

I am available for bar mitzvahs and corporate events.

* Say the last half of that sentence in a Professor Frink voice...you'll think I'm funnier than I actually am

4 comments:

Falwless said...

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!

That person is not cute!

Dr Zibbs said...

PS3? What a nerd. As for Frink, I have him as well as about 200 Simpson action figures stored safely in my attic. Not kidding.

McGone said...

I had a mixed reaction to the Shirley Manson/urinal scene. On one hand, it was a cool reveal. On the other... WTF? Really? All for the sake of a lame joke they risks endless "Golden Shower" jokes?

Did you see this article regarding the origin of Manson's version of "Samson and Delilah?"

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about your sideproject Cuddle Rug. You still have to record the "Jocks in China" album with your buddy rocking out on a thermin so that his cheeto crusted fingers don't dirty up any instruments.