9.27.2008

Even If You Beat Me I'm Still the Best

Paul Newman is gone.

My favorite Newman movie of all time is Cool Hand Luke. I rented it on a whim at the age of 23, and I never liked hard-boiled eggs until after I saw it. Now I think of him every time I eat one.

His performances were riveting. Always.

The one-two punch of both his life and career achievements are unparalleled by any individual in Hollywood--old or new.

He was a gentleman and a class act.

Hollywood will never be the same.

1 comment:

McGone said...

Hear hear. Newman was simply The Best.

I knew this was coming and I'm still stunned by how much it affects me, even though the man quietly retired from acting. He transcended the craft and managed to be one of the best in his charitable efforts. And yet he still kept that manner about him that let you think that if you met him, he'd buy you a Budweiser and have a few laughs.

I really want to watch "Butch Cassidy..." for the umpteenth time right now.