12.21.2007

Writers Guild of America Solidarity Beard Update #3

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are going back to work in two weeks, and my beard has spread all over my body in happiness.


I'll be watching, of course, and not for the train wreck factor. Both those dudes can and will be funny as hell without writers. Come on, it's a stand-up comedian and a guy from Second City.

What I want to see are more television shows winging it without scripts. Viewers of Life According to Jim and 'Til Death would notice little or no difference. I'd watch Carson Daly's show if it went interactive and parts of his body and brain were wired to behavioral-modification-through-electrical-shock switches on the Interweb. That might give me a reason to tune in/participate. Repeatedly.

And, seriously, I'd pay to watch Jorge Garcia just drive around the island in his VW bus and screw up Lost continuity with shit he makes up while stoned on Maui Waui. The flash-forwards could show him in the 30th century fighting the lizard-aliens from V with a scantily-clad Libby at his side.

When the writer's strike is over, they can explain it all away by finding Hurley hallucinating in a field. Then for the remaining episodes he'll be in the background munching out on Dharma chips and cookies.

6 comments:

The Ex said...

The Daily Show is coming back? Fuck yeah!

Anonymous said...

Weird Beard!!

McGone said...

Dude, you might need a lint brush.

Oh, that's not dog hair?

Never mind.

Rider said...

The Ex: Yay! I get to zip through the ones left on my TiVo!

Nephew: You're not allowed to comment unless you reference Kafka. Or Chief Wiggum.

McGone: The hair on my body fell off seconds after taking that picture, which will explain why I look so drastically different in the next update. (Not because only the first two pics were me and I actually shaved a week ago.)

Anonymous said...

Dude, nice fur coat.

Anonymous said...

Weird Beard is actually a song title by a band called Fu Manchu. I haven't heard it in years though, but it just popped in my head.