12.07.2007

Writers Guild of America Solidarity Beard Update #1

OK, I'm not actually a member of the WGA. And, yeah, I didn't stop using my razor until ten days after the protest actually began. (It's also true I let it grow for reasons that had nothing to do with the strike.)

The fact remains: I'm an aspiring writer and I'm out of work at the same time as my professional brethren.

This is my beard at three weeks and counting.


The next time you sit down in front of your TiVo and feel utterly disgusted that a show like Crowned gets air time, think about the folks who actually create content for the comedies and dramas you love the most.

'Cuz right now they're out there carrying signs and sporting beards at least ten days longer than mine.

5 comments:

McGone said...

I think we went to high school together... were you in Mackinson's Shop class, fourth period?

Valerie said...

it looks like you're trimming your beard...you should go all out and let nature take its course so you can be the next Grizzly Adams.

Slinger said...

You have to trim the lower neck at times like this. That shit gets WAY TOO itchy.

Anonymous said...

Please do not encourage the beard.

Please.

Rider said...

McGone: No, but I saw you at that thing that time.

Valerie: I am offended at your attack on my beard. That is an uncut face full of whiskers, missy.

Slinger: But it keeps my neck warm while shoveling snow.