7.01.2008

My Blogger Hoodie

I started using Blogger in March 2002. I upgraded my account one year later, shelling out my hard-earned lucre to add photos to posts (which sounds really stupid these days).

A few months later Google acquired Pyra Labs--the company that founded this service--and I received an email from its founder saying:
"Google has lots of computers and bandwidth. And Google believes blogs are important and good for the web."

Everyone reading Rider's Block knows how wrong Google was and how little it amounted to, right? I mean, how good can a blog be if anyone can have one?

Anywho, the email also informed me that since I had paid for Blogger Pro, Pyra was in a position to "give back." I was hoping book deal but...

I received my hoodie weeks later.

For the past five years, as far as you know, I have worn it while composing every post on each of the 99 blogs I've created (101 in total, if you count the Wilder Valderrama and Conchata Ferrell fan fiction sites).

It is the prize jewel of my wardrobe. I hand-wash it with soapy, distilled water mixed with baby's dreams and rose petals, and I blow dry it by mouth.

It is an essential component of my identity and it makes me who I am and drives my purpose for being...

but when I woke up this morning at this Target in central Mordor and looked around for my Blogger hoodie it wasn't there and I searched the whole store with Boxter's help but it was nowhere to be found and I'm sorta panicking right now because who could've taken it and when did they take it and I don't have a clue since there's not supposed to be anybody here except us and I'm already hungry from being banned from entering any Panera in the continental U.S. and now this happens and how can things get any worse and I really only have one question and that's

who took my Blogger hoodie and why?

A BLOGGER COLLAPSES: Rider reacts to the loss of his beloved hoodie
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

two things:

1. "I blow dry it by mouth" - this may be the funniest damn thing I have read in a long time.

2. Did you get funny looks from people while laying on the floor at Target?

Dr Zibbs said...

I don't where it is but if you ever get it back and I find out where you live I will come beat you and take it. Also, your description of how you wash it made me giggle like a school girl (from a retarded school)

McGone said...

I hand-wash it with soapy, distilled water mixed with baby's dreams and rose petals, and I blow dry it by mouth.

But that's because those are the actual instructions from the tag inside the hoodie, right?

Valerie said...

I only wish I had taken it. I've been jellin' that hoodies for over a year now.

I'm going to Target later today, I'll keep my eyes open.