2.04.2009

Hail to the King, Baby

If you're a multi-millionaire author like Stephen King and you rip another writer's work, there's a risk of coming across as a mean old bully. I mean, you don't see Tom Hanks criticizing Drew Barrymore's limited acting range (although that'd be awesome).

But since King is one of my influences, and since he recently went after two best-selling authors whose work I despise, I applaud the balls it took for him to speak his mind.

No one who reads Stephenie Meyers' weak take on vampires is gonna be swayed by anything I write here in my little corner of the Innertubes, but maybe they'll take a card-carrying horror master's word for it.

The same goes for fans of James Patterson, whom I recently credited with pinching out such a steaming pile of literary excrement that it made me realize I'm already a better writer than he or his collaborators could ever hope to be.

Put 'em in their place, Unca Steve. I got your back.

2 comments:

MJenks said...

Not a big King fan, but anyone who hates on Stephenie Meyer is good with me.

It's not just that her vampiers are weak as wet tissue, her writing sucks altogether. It's like the loaf pinched out by Patterson, but with more corn.

McGone said...

That goddamn Patterson and his books should be brought up on assault charges!