12.01.2008

Giving Thanks (And Excuses)

I didn't blog the whole weekend. (Rider hasn't been in touch with me, so I assume he's back to his novel or he spent time with loved ones.)

Saying, "I didn't feel like posting," won't cut it, right?

Saying, "I worked long shifts every day before and after the holiday," isn't good enough.

Saying, "Very few of the regular lurkers on The Block posted on their blogs, either," is weak.

So what did I do that was so important?

I don't want to get into it.

But, hypothetically, I could say that on Thanksgiving my "dad" entertained a "lady friend" named "Candyce-with-a-Y," which resulted in an empty bottle of Jäger and a Friday morning walk of shame to her red '95 Fiero that needed a battery jump. Hypothetically.

Meanwhile, I had a leftover five-dollah-foot-long turkey sub from Wednesday. I stayed in my room, listened to CDs, looked at photos, and played my Gibson.

If any of that were true, it would sound sad.

Honestly, though, as lame as my family situation is, I am thankful for the way my year is ending. Last spring my status quo improved drastically, I made many awesome friends, I have a job, my creativity is at an all-time high, and I have my health.

That's better than most folks, right?

I hope you had things to give thanks for, too.

2 comments:

McGone said...

Your dad should be thankful for penicillin. Hypothetically.

Anonymous said...

I think Jaeger works like penicillin, right?

I stayed in all weekend as well and watched Narnia. Twice. Followed by Lean on Me, then Karate Kid.

Hypothetically.