12.04.2008

A Farewell Post From Stephanie

Something happened on my birthday yesterday, and it was life-altering.*

I feel like Jim Carrey towards the end of The Truman Show...that's the kind of curveball I've just been tossed by life.

So I'm saying goodbye (at least for now) to Rider and his Block.

Rider is cool with me leaving. He says I'm welcome back whenever I want. He is currently immersed in his writing projects and has said he'll get back to blogging soon. His exact quote:

I'll return to the Block sooner rather than later. I was bitten and infected by the blogging bug years ago, and it's in my blood. But right now I'm having too much fun writing my fiction. My readers will understand. (Well, maybe not McGone, but he's a big boy. He'll deal.)

I thank him for inviting me to contribute. I had a great time. I also thank you for reading and commenting on my posts. I had more stories I wanted to tell here, but they'll have to wait until I sort stuff out.

I leave you with a quote that probably means more to me than it will to you. Extra credit for the commenter who can name the artist and song without Googling it like a punk.

Mama told me when I was young
Stand tall, girl, you’re number one
She said, You can be what you wanna be
But you can’t change the course of your destiny


Stephanie P. has left The Block. Peace and love.

* I mentioned it briefly on my original blog yesterday, but you won't find any details. It's more of a note to myself than anything. If you really care though, it's posted here.

2 comments:

MJenks said...

Ugh. Dangit. Well, Stephanie, thanks for amusing me. I certainly hope that everything works out and that your time away from blogging is short. Good luck.

McGone said...

Happy birthday and safe travels, Stephanie. I hope you didn't believe half the things Rider said about me.